How can you reach 85 points using 489 Visa for South Australia?

South Australia State sponsorship is available to candidates who are eligible for skilled migration and who are willing to live and work in South Australia and who have the skills and experience is the required by the South Australian State Government.

The benefits of state nomination are:

  • Priority visa processing with the Department of Home Affairs.
  • You’ll receive 10 points for a 489- Skilled Regional Provisional visa towards the Department of Home Affairs points test.
  • Access to a more extensive occupation list.
  • An opportunity to live and work in a city ranked the 5th most livable in the world.
  • Information and services from the State Government to help you settle in South Australia and find employment.

To receive State nomination you must have an occupation featured on the State Nominated Occupation List and meet all the state and federal Government’s eligibility requirements.

We take this occupation as an example and calculate the points to reach the 85 points we will have to receive the following, in the following criteria's of skilled migration.

The following is a guideline as to how you can achieve the 85 points for South Australia state sponsorship:

  1. Age - must be between the highest point category of 25 to 32 years which give 30 points
  2. English language ability of 8 in each band of IELTS will give you 20 points
  3. Australian qualification will give you 5 points
  4. You have a bachelor’s degree in the hospitality management then it will give you 15 points
  5. If you have at least 1 year of experience in your field after completing the bachelor’s degree (this is possible if you work in your field on you 485 visa) so you will get 5 points
  6. State sponsorship under 489 visa will give you 10 points

Thus you will be able to get 85 points to meet the high points requirements of the South Australia State government.

In addition you can get 5 extra points if you have a partner with a recognised qualification and have competent English.

DISCLAIMER: This is a general advice and one must consult a professional migration agent before considering the skilled migration or state sponsorship.