Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
Working holiday is mainly all about travelling while working abroad and at the same time, earning good money as well. In fact, it allows a person to visit a country for a longer period of time than the usual average tourist.
In addition, Working Holidays in Australia provides opportunities for eligible young people to holiday in Australia and supplement their travel funds through incidental employment. In this article, we will get you into the things you needed to have a working holiday visa in Australia.
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old
- You must have a valid passport from an eligible country with at least 6 months until renewal.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself when you arrive in Australia.
- Do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
Health and Character Requirements
You must not have:
- Any substantial criminal convictions
- Any substantial medical issues
This visa allows you to:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months
- Work in Australia, generally for up to six months with each employer
- Study for up to four months
- Leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
Visa holders are given casual work rights in order to supplement their travels. Provided that the work undertaken must be incidental to the main purpose of holidaying and employment for more than 6 months with any one employer is not allowed. The application for a first Working Holiday Visa must be made offshore (i.e. not in Australia)
Note: To apply for this visa, you must hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia. Eligible countries are the following:
- Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China (including British National Overseas passport holders)
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
- United Kingdom
Many people who travel often seek to have short-term jobs in multiple regions as a way for them to explore that country more in-depth. Moreover, the main idea is to have exciting adventure, make new friends from around the world and try new things.