What is TSS Visa?
Subclass 482 – TSS Visa (Temporary Skill Shortage Visa)
The Subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa program will replace the 457 visa program from March 2018.
The TSS Visa (Subclass 482) has two streams:
- A short-term stream
- Applicants with occupations on the Short-Term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL) are eligible for visas of up to two years (renewable onshore once, for a further two years).
- A medium-term stream
- The Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) can apply for up to four years (with eligibility for permanent residency after three years, depending on meeting age and English requirements).
Some occupations under the 482 visa are subject to caveats.
- Applicant must be paid a higher minimum salary (e.g. $65,000 or $80,000)
- Nominated position must not include lower skill tasks
- Sponsor must be located in a specific postcode
- Sponsor must have at least five full time employees
- Sponsor must have an annual turnover of at least $1million
Employers planning to sponsor workers will need to become an approved ‘standard business sponsor’.
We can assist applicants and employers by managing the TSS visa application process from start to finish, liaising with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and ensuring the application has the best possible chance of success.
Call us to book and appointment to discuss further about TSS!